During this stressful time, we continue to see both gynecologic and obstetrical patients in the office using the following stipulations:
- We are restricting any person with cough and/or fever from entering the clinic.
- All patients are being screened via phone for fever and cough before being allowed to enter the office. No patients with symptoms suggestive of COVID-19 will be seen in the clinic.
- We are requiring insurance verification and completion of the patient portal prior to your appointment time to minimize waiting room congestion.
- All patients are required to wear a mask when entering the office.
- Patients should come to their visits alone. A single visitor is permitted in the following instances:
- Patient is under 18 years of age
- OB patients who have a scheduled ultrasound or are presenting for their initial OB visit
What happens if I have been exposed to, have symptoms of, or are positive for COVID?
COVID positive patients should be retested in 14 days. Once negative they are welcome to make an in-person office appointment.
If you have symptoms of or have been exposed to a COVID positive patient than you should make an appointment for drive through testing. Presenting to an emergency room is only indicated for patients with significant shortness of breath requiring hospitalization.
COVID Testing Sites
There are multiple options in the community for testing and for the safety of others it is recommended that you quarantine until your testing comes back negative.
These visits are not an ideal way to diagnose and treat many conditions but in situations where patients are COVID positive or under quarantine awaiting results they can be arranged by calling the office. Once scheduled you will receive an email directing you to the phone app with instructions on how to reach your provider.
Our office is being cleaned thoroughly, throughout the day, at lunchtime and after work. Our office is well-spaced which will limit close contact. We have hand sanitizer upon entrance and exit. In addition, every bathroom and exam room has a touchless faucet, soap, and paper towel dispensers.
Medical City of Frisco
Has been designated a “COVID free hospital”, with any potential COVID patients being transferred to the Medical City of Plano. Our pregnant and surgical patients are being tested for COVID prior to scheduled surgery and when presenting in labor to the hospital. This is to prevent the spread of the virus throughout the hospital and for the safety of the healthcare workers.